One very important way we can demonstrate stewardship is through sharing Christ’s light with others by being like Him. The students in Mrs. Love’s and Mrs. Jenkins’ 3rd grade PSR class were asked to answer these two questions~
- Why is it important to be like Jesus?
- How can I be like Jesus to others and share His love?
Here are some of the children’s responses…
- “If everyone acted like Jesus, it would be a nicer world. I can say kind words to family and friends. I can sit with a new kid at lunch who doesn’t have friends yet. I can help my mom at home when she asks me to.”
- “It is important to be like Jesus because He showed how much He loves us by dying on the Cross. You can share His love by showing how much you care about someone. I can be like Jesus by being kind to others and being respectful.”
- “Because Jesus was nice to people. So if we are like Jesus, the world will be a better place. If someone falls down, help them back up.”
- “Because if you’re nice like Jesus and nice to others, everybody will be nice. I can read the Bible and pray.”
- “It is important to love people unconditionally like Jesus. I want to do things for people and not expect anything back.”
- “You might help a lot of people being like Jesus. I could help people and be nice. I could forgive and apologize.”
- “It is important to be like Jesus because He is very loving. I can be kind, helping and loving to people.”
After reading this, take some time in prayer, reflect on these questions, think about how you would respond, share your answers with God, and then go out and spread His Good News by living your answers. A simple act of kindness can be the greatest example of stewardship.
But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.” —Matthew 19:14
St. Patrick Church 3rd Grade PSR Class